Mayor Roy Ludwig
Roy Ludwig was raised on a farm East of Lampman and was fortunate to have a twin brother and three older sisters. After graduating high school in Lampman and working in Regina and Edmonton he returned home where he met his wife Denise. They were married in 1980 and have lived in Estevan since that time. They are blessed with three children and five grandchildren. Roy has been employed at the coal mine for the past 40 years; and was on the Mine Rescue team for 23 years.
He had the privilege of first getting elected to council in 1994 and served as a Councillor for 6, three year terms in that capacity. In 1999 Roy studied by correspondence at the Athabasca University and obtained a certificate in Labour Relations. In October 2012 he ran and was elected as Mayor and is now in his second term in the role. Roy has enjoyed his tenure on Council as well as the opportunity to serve the City of Estevan as Mayor. He feels we have a great council and staff and looks forward to working through the challenges as we continue to move our City forward.
- Estevan Rotary Club
- United Way of Estevan
- Estevan Minor Hockey, Executive
- New Regional Nursing Home Committee
- Estevan Soccer Association
- Awarded the Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal for contributions to Canada
- Estevan Leisure Advisory, Past Committee Member
- Woodlawn Regional Park, Past Committee Member
- Esetvan Board of Police Commissions – Commissioner and Council Representative
- CUPE, Chairman(negotiations)
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Board, Past Vice Chairman
- Affinity Place Building Committee, Past Chairman
- United Mine Workers, Past President
- Estevan Humane Society, Past Board Member
- CT Scan Committee, Committee Member
The City of Estevan is organized and poised to take advantage of the future with a culture of:
- Partnership between all levels of the organization, the public and any business or organization that wants to improve the Community;
- Leadership and Courage in innovative and creative solutions believed to be in the interests of the community as a whole:
- Planning, where all activities and infrastructure repaired/replaced are completed in a planned manner, where long-range planning is completed on a regular basis and planning documents are considered living, breathing documents;
- Prepared and understands that growth is not free;
- Efficiency in completing all functions and tasks right;
- Effectiveness in completing the right functions and tasks;
- Excellence in completing all functions and tasks to the highest level possible.
In this Section
other activities in estevan
View our upcoming events calendar and find out whats happening in Estevan!
The City of Estevan Leisure Centre is the hub of activity in Estevan. Splash, sweat, sprint – everything that you need.
Home to the Estevan Bruins of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, the facility also hosts concerts, trade shows, and so much more!
Bigger in Real Life! Get a close look a the mining, and coal industry.
The City of Estevan is home to over a dozen parks! Each with its own unique offering!
Learn more about the various city programs such as Ice Schedules and Lesiure Centre Schedules!