How to address City Council
It is important to the City Council that citizens have the opportunity to share their opinions and participate in the decision-making process. Council encourages public involvement by sharing your opinions and participate in the decision making progress for addressing the needs of residents.
You can appear as a delegation before City Council on an item on the agenda if notice is given to the Clerk’s office before the closing of the agenda on the Wednesday before Council. In the event the item is not on the agenda, you may write a letter to the Office of the City Clerk requesting to address council on a specific topic. The Office of the City Clerk will contact you to discuss the request, or may refer the matter to a more appropriate committee of Council or City Administration.
To make a presentation to City Council regarding an agenda item, you must:
1.Give notice in writing to the City Clerk’s Office on the topic of concern.
- The letter should be address to the Mayor and City Council.
- It should also include the any visual portions of your presentation which can be up to 10 minutes long. When you appear before Council you may either make the presentation submitted or provide a verbal summary of that presentation, subject to the 10 minute time limit.
- Submissions must be respectful and adhere to City Council’s Procedure Bylaw which also provides information on proper decorum and how the proceedings are carried out.
2. Submit the request to the City Clerk’s office, NO LATER THAN 4:30 p.m. on the Wednesday PRIOR to the scheduled meeting.
MAIL – 1102 4th Street, Estevan, SK S4A OW7
3. Attend the Regular Council meeting – Open Council starts at 6:00 and will be televised.
- Wait in the lobby for chamber doors to be opened and then find seating in the gallery.
- The Mayor will call you forward when your item is reached on the agenda. You have up to 10 minutes for your presentation, followed by any questions from the floor by Council members.
- Decisions of Council will be mailed back to you from the Clerk’s Office after the completion of minutes.
In this Section
other activities in estevan
View our upcoming events calendar and find out whats happening in Estevan!
The City of Estevan Leisure Centre is the hub of activity in Estevan. Splash, sweat, sprint – everything that you need.
Home to the Estevan Bruins of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, the facility also hosts concerts, trade shows, and so much more!
Bigger in Real Life! Get a close look a the mining, and coal industry.
The City of Estevan is home to over a dozen parks! Each with its own unique offering!
Learn more about the various city programs such as Ice Schedules and Lesiure Centre Schedules!