In an emergency, you will need some basic supplies. You may need to get by without power or tap water. Be prepared to be self-sufficient for at least 72 hours.
You may have some of the items already, such as food, water and a battery operated or crank flashlight. The key is to make sure they are organized and easy to find. Would you be able to find your flashlight in the dark?
Make sure your kit is easy to carry and everyone in the household knows where it is. Keep it in a backpack, duffel bag or suitcase with wheels, in an easy-to-reach, accessible place, such as your front-hall closet. If you have many people in your household, your emergency kit could get heavy. It’s a good idea to separate some of these supplies in backpacks. That way, your kit will be more portable and each person can personalize his or her own grab-and-go emergency kit.
- Water – at least two litres of water per person per day; include small bottles that can be carried easily in case of an evacuation order
- Food that won’t spoil, such as canned food, energy bars and dried foods (replace food and water once a year)
- Manual can-opener
- Crank or battery-powered flashlight (and extra batteries). Replace batteries once a year
- Crank, battery-powered radio (and extra batteries)
- First aid kit
- Extra keys to your car and house
- Some cash in smaller bills, such as $10 bills
- A copy of your emergency plan and contact information
- If applicable, other items such as prescription medication, infant formula, equipment for people with disabilities, or food, water and medication for your pets or service animal (personalize according to your needs)
other activities in estevan
View our upcoming events calendar and find out whats happening in Estevan!
The City of Estevan Leisure Centre is the hub of activity in Estevan. Splash, sweat, sprint – everything that you need.
Home to the Estevan Bruins of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, the facility also hosts concerts, trade shows, and so much more!
Bigger in Real Life! Get a close look a the mining, and coal industry.
The City of Estevan is home to over a dozen parks! Each with its own unique offering!
Learn more about the various city programs such as Ice Schedules and Lesiure Centre Schedules!