Job Title: Food and Beverage Server
Posted on: 24/01/2020,
Closing Date: 30/01/2020
Department: Food and Beverage
Posting Number: 04/20
Position Title: Food and Beverage Server
Reports To: Events Manager
Business Division: Food and Beverage
Posting Date: January 24th, 2020 to January 30th, 2020
Number of Positions: 1
Length of Position: Casual
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take food and beverage orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute.
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all food and beverage menu items.
- Prepare and serve food and beverages in a professional, courteous manner.
- Clean designated areas including opening and closing routines and following hygiene requirements.
- Change table linen during catered events as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is not being used.
- Clean and refill condiment sets for each service area, concession, or table.
- Set up concession counters, buffet tables, bar and all other service areas.
- Ensure storerooms are adequately stocked.
- Clean tables with an acceptable balance of speed and efficiency without disrupting the customers experience.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer service, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily, escalating complaints as appropriate.
The successful candidate would require:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Class 5 Drivers License preferred.
- Strong customer service experience.
- 1 year of food and beverage service experience preferred.
- Certification in Food Safe
- Serve it Right Saskatchewan.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
Additional Working Conditions:
- Standing for long periods
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, holidays will be required.
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
This is a Union (CUPE Local 726) position and shall be filled according to the terms of the collective agreement between the city and CUPE Local 726). The City of Estevan offers competitive wages based upon achieved aquatics qualifications. This position requires availability to work on a shift schedule and call in basis. If you’re looking for a career that contributes directly to a growing, thriving community, then apply to:
Sheryl March, Human Resource Generalist
1102- 4th Street
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
Fx: (306) 634-9790
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.