Job Title: Casual Labourer
Posted on: 30/07/2019,
Closing Date: 30/09/2019
Department: Leisure Services
Posting Number: 15/19
The City of Estevan is recruiting to bring new talent to the Events Division. We are looking for conscientious, hardworking individuals to enhance the customer service experience for our citizens. Individuals must possess leadership skills and be able to work in a dynamic team environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Janitorial and cleaning services such as:
- Sweeping, washing, and waxing floors
- Vacuums carpeted areas
- Cleans public and private washrooms and change rooms
- Remove waste
- Performs outdoors grounds maintenance
- Perform snow and ice removal
- Labour tasks on maintenance projects including:
- Lifting, carrying and placing materials
- Operating hand tools
- Operating equipment such as floor cleaning and surfacing equipment and grounds maintenance equipment
- Operating power tools
- Special event set-up and dismantling
- General care of assigned tools and equipment
- Detailed record keeping of materials, timesheets, general repairs needed, and tasks performed
- Promotes and maintains positive public relations
- Performing all duties in a safety-conscious manner.
The successful candidate would require:
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- First Aid & CPR “C” Level
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Individuals must also be available for event business needs:
- Must be available weekends, holidays and nights as required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants must submit a resume, proof of qualifications and may be tested for appropriate skills.
This is a Union (CUPE Local 726) position and shall be filled according to the terms of the collective agreement between the city and CUPE Local 726). These positions work on a shift schedule and call-in basis. The City of Estevan is proud to offer competitive wages and internal opportunities. To apply, or for further information, please contact:
Human Resources Generalist
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
Fx: (306) 634-9790
Resumes will be accepted on a continuous basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.