Job Title: Journeyman Mechanic
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Posted on: 09/01/2019,
Department: Roads and Drainage
POSTING NUMBER: 31/18A
POSITION TITLE: Journeyman Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Journeyman Mechanic Fleet Foreperson
POSTING DATE: January 9th , 2019 until filled
BUSINESS DIVISION: Roads and Drainage
LENGTH OF POSITION: Permanent Full-Time, upon successful completion of probationary period.
Performs service and repair of equipment, machinery, and vehicles.
- Maintains and repairs City of Estevan equipment, machinery, and vehicles
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance
- Identifies potential failure points of City of Estevan equipment, machinery, and vehicles and recommends measures to be taken
- Provides technical advice on the preparation and review of tenders and/or the estimated costs of repairs
- Provides technical advice on the purchase of new equipment, machinery, and vehicles
- Assists in training City of Estevan staff in the maintenance and safe operation of equipment, machinery, and vehicles
- Responds to requests for information or requests for reports in a timely manner
- Maintains files and records of work performed, equipment installed, problems encountered, resources consumed, and repairs completed
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned).
- Grade 12 or equivalent education
- One of the following certificates;
- Journeyman Automotive Mechanic
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Journeyman Truck and Transport Mechanic
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with Airbrake Endorsement
Experience and Additional Requirements
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s License with Airbrake Endorsement
- Fireman’s Certificate
The City of Estevan offers competitive wages based upon achieved qualifications. This position requires flexibility and availability to work on a shift schedule and call in basis. If you’re looking for a career that contributes directly to a thriving community, then apply to:
Sheryl March, Human Resource Generalist
1102- 4th Street
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Relative skill and ability may be determined by competency based testing. The position shall be filled in accordance with the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and CUPE Local 726.