posted on June 26, 2017 16:43
2017 Property Tax Notices will be mailed out on or before Friday, June 30, 2017.
Taxes are due July 31, 2017
Penalties are accumulative, applied the 1st of each month starting August 1, 2017 as follows:
August 1 .5%
September 1 1%
October 1 1.5%
November 1 2.5%
December 1 3.5%
Arrears Penalty of 10% will be added to all outstanding amounts on January 1, 2018
- In person at City Hall, Open Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Payments accepted by Cash, Cheque or Debit
- Mail: 1102 Fourth Street, Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
- City Hall Drop Box – located at main entrance at City Hall. Cheques only please.
- Payment can also be made on-line / or at your financial institution
The City of Estevan offers (TIPPS) Tax Installment Payment Plan Service. TIPPS allows property owners to pre-pay their property tax bill in 12 monthly installments making budgeting easier with no added fees or penalties.
Monthly withdrawals are made on the first banking day of each month.
TIPPS applications forms are available at City Hall or online here.
How do I apply for the TIPPS Program?
- Any outstanding Property Tax amounts must be paid in full, prior to the start of the TIPPS Program.
- Complete the application form and return it with a void cheque or pre-authorization (obtained form from your bank). Please submit form prior to July 31, 2017 for the 2018 Tax year.
Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency, SAMA, will be re-inspecting all properties within the City this year. The result will affect your 2018 assessment and taxes.
In order to ensure that your property is assessed correctly, we encourage you to allow access when a SAMA assessor visits your property.
Inspections will be starting in June and will continue in September. SAMA will be updating their current information on your property. Most inspections can be done from the outside. If more information is required by the assessor, they will leave a yellow card on your door. Please call them to give them the correct information.
This is an essential step in improving the quality and equality of our assessment base and your cooperation is greatly appreciated.