posted on June 16, 2017 16:00
The City of Estevan is looking for energetic, self-motivated, and team focused individuals to join our lifeguarding & Instructor team for the Fall of 2017. The ideal candidate would possess a passion for aquatics coupled with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures the safety of Aquatic Centre customers by enforcing policies, rules, and regulations.
- Administer First Aid in the event of major or minor incidents within the facility.
- Maintenance and cleaning of the guard area, pool areas, and change rooms.
- Logs, records, and reports information such as water tests, time sheets, and tasks performed.
- Promotes pool programming and maintains positive public relations between staff and customers.
Individuals who achieve the proper certifications also:
- Teach Aquatics lessons and completes all paperwork such as work sheets and report cards at the conclusion of a set of lessons.
The successful candidate would require:
- A minimum of 14 years of age
- Current Bronze Cross and/or Assistant Red Cross Lifeguard
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course
- Current First Aid and CPR C Certificate
This is a Union (CUPE Local 726) position and shall be filled according to the terms of the collective agreement between the city and CUPE Local 726). The City of Estevan offers competitive wages based upon achieved aquatics qualifications. This position requires availability to work on a shift schedule and call in basis. If you’re looking for a career that contributes directly to a growing, thriving community, then apply to:
Sheryl March, Human Resource Generalist
1102- 4th Street
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
Fx: (306) 634-9790
Resumes will be accepted on a continuous basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.