Posting Number: 54/23
Position Title: PFT Water & Wastewater Maintenance
Reports To: Water & Wastewater Foreperson
Business Division: Water & Wastewater Services
Posting Date: October 30, 2023- open until filled
Number of Positions: 1 (One)
Length of Position: Permanent Full-Time
Summary: Performs maintenance and repairs on water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
• Performs skilled labour duties on construction and maintenance projects such as:
▪ Aligning, bedding, and laying underground pipe
▪ Identifying the components of public infrastructure
▪ Assembling, installing, and repairing hydrants
▪ Installing and maintaining manholes
▪ Repairing water breaks
▪ Performing water valve replacement or repairs
▪ Servicing both private and public connections
▪ Troubleshooting public water or wastewater issues, i.e. plugged sewers
▪ Servicing or replacing water meters
▪ Maintaining and servicing pumping stations and drainage structures
• Maintains assigned equipment, tools, and vehicles
• Logs, records, and reports pertinent information
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned)
• Grade 12 or equivalent education
• Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with Airbrake Endorsement
• Water Distribution Class 1 Certification
• Wastewater Collection 1 Certification
• Fireman Boiler Operator Certificate
Experience and Additional Requirements
• 2 years of relevant work experience
This position receives an hourly wage of $33.73 as per 2022 CUPE rates.
Applicants must submit a resume, proof of qualifications and may be tested for appropriate skills. This position requires availability to work on a call-in basis. If you’re interested in this position, please send applications to:
Human Resources Generalist
1102- 4th Street
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
Closing deadline does not apply. Job will be advertised for a minimum of 7 days as per CBA. This vacancy is opened until filled..
Please note: All applications must clearly identify the desired position. Please include the Posting Number and Position Title in the subject line of your submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Relative skill and ability may be determined by competency-based testing.
The position shall be filled in accordance with the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and CUPE Local 726.