Posting Number: 52/23
Position Title: Water & Wastewater Treatment Maintenance Person Level 1
Reports To: Water Services Manager
Business Division: Water Services
Posting Date: October 16,2023- open until filled
Number of Positions: (1) One
Length of Position: Permanent Full Time
Summary: Performs maintenance and repairs on water and wastewater treatment facilities and systems.
- Organizes and Implements the Maintenance Programs for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Class III Treatment services
- Organizes and Implements the Maintenance Programs for the Water Treatment Plant Class IV Operation services
- Organizes and Implements the Maintenance Programs for the Reservoir/Supply system Class II services
- Follows regulations stipulated by the Environmental Management and Protection Act regarding the production and delivery of potable water and the treatment and disposal of wastewater.
- Identifies malfunctions in equipment and systems operations and ensures repairs
- Cleans all treatment and storage facilities. Maintains grounds around sites
- Maintains records such as detailed work performed, equipment installed, problems encountered and resources used, repairs made
- Operates the Water Treatment or Wastewater Treatment Plants under supervision.
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned)
- Grade 12 or GED Equivalent
- Water Treatment Class 1
- Wastewater Treatment Class 1
- Water Distribution Class 1 Certification
- Fireman Boiler Operator Certificate
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Basic Computer and Microsoft Office Proficiency
Experience and Additional Requirements
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Valid Class 1A Driver’s License is considered an asset
The following credential would be considered an asset:
- Valid Class 1A Driver’s License
This position receives an hourly wage of $33.73 as per 2023 CUPE rates.
Applicants must submit a resume, proof of qualifications and may be tested for appropriate skills. This position requires availability to work on a call-in basis. If you’re interested in this position, please send applications to:
Human Resources Generalist
1102- 4th Street
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
Closing deadline does not apply. Job will be advertised for a minimum of 7 days as per CBA. This vacancy is opened until filled.
Please note: All applications must clearly identify the desired position. Please include the Posting Number and Position Title in the subject line of your submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Relative skill and ability may be determined by competency-based testing.
The position shall be filled in accordance with the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and CUPE Local 726.