Posting Number: 50/22
Position Title: Facilities Manager
Reports To: City Manager
Business Division: Facility Services
Summary: Manages the maintenance, operations and repair of all facility facilities and building systems.
- Ensures that a high standard of maintenance and janitorial services for all assigned facilities.
- Supervises and co-ordinates the operation, maintenance and repair of facility systems and buildings including:
- HVAC Systems
- Swimming Pool Systems
- Mechanical Systems
- Building components
- Janitorial Services
- Ice maintenance
- Monitoring controls
- Develop and implements annual maintenance program for all assigned facilities utilizing modern software for effective asset management
- Develops and maintains facilities safety programs in accordance with Occupation Health & Safety regulations.
- Ensures plumbing, building renovations and other building changes are completed within a timely manner and within budget allocations.
- Manage and supervises the maintenance, ice, and janitorial technicians at the Leisure Services Facilities.
- Manages external contractors, vendors and specialists required for expertise and specialty services.
- Ensures optimal crew size, proper machinery and equipment assigned and materials available for repairs, maintenance, and capital works projects.
- Participates in the appointment, hiring, suspension, dismissal, appraisals, promotions, demotions, transfer or dismissal of staff.
- Completes employee schedules and approves time sheets.
- Provides recommendations and input into purchasing goods and services.
- Instructs or trains employees in maintenance, repairs, construction, safety and operation of equipment and tools.
- Investigates and responds to complaints or inquiries.
- Ensures the recording of labour, equipment, materials and other pertinent data.
- Monitors and controls expenditures. Develops budgets, external contracts and specifications, tender documents and agreements.
- Develops policies and procedures relevant to the division
- Researches, prepares and submits reports on subject matter.
- Ensures the maintenance and safe operation of tools and equipment.
- Receives after hour calls and arranges for corrective action.
- Promote and maintain positive public relations between staff and customers.
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned)
- Grade 12
- Diploma or Degree in Facilities Management
- 5TH Class Engineer’s Certificate
EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Five years including three years of supervisory experience
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, supervisory skills, written and oral communication
- Strong customer service orientation
- Eagerness to learn new methodologies
- Computer Skills
- Working knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems
- Knowledge of building systems operation and maintenance procedures
- WHMIS and working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Standards
- Arena Operator’s Certificate – Level 1 & 2
- Pool Operators Certificate – Level 1 & 2
- Formal Supervisory Training
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The City of Estevan offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package.
For further information or to apply, please contact:
Sheryl March, Human Resources
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.