Posting Number: 35/22
Position Title: Food and Beverage Server
Reports To: Food and Beverage Manager
Business Division: Food and Beverage
Posting Date: July 8, 2022, through to July 14th, 2022
Number of Positions: 1 (one)
Length of Position: Temporary Part-Time, until June 3, 2023
Summary: The Food and Beverage Server will be responsible for providing high levels of customer service to all patrons by providing prompt service, taking accurate orders, preparing, serving and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials. The Food and Beverage Server will perform customer service duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times and ensure that the customers have an enjoyable experience. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, and comply with all policies and procedures including enhanced COVID-19 safety protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take food and beverage orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute.
• Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items, including items available at the bar.
• Prepare and serve food and beverages in accordance with company standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
• Clean designated areas, in accordance with company procedures, including opening and closing routines and following hygiene requirements.
• Change table linen during catered events as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is not being used.
• Clean and refill condiment sets for each service area, concession, or table.
• Set up concession counters, buffet tables, bar and all other service areas ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
• Ensure storerooms are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen, or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
• Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
• Ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the established procedures.
• At all times to be aware of and practice good customer service, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
• Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily, escalating complaints to the Food and Beverage Manager as appropriate.
• Take part in any job specific training being attentive to all health and safety requirements.
• Carry out on-the-job training to ensure other staff can carry out their duties effectively.
• Be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• Class 5 Drivers License preferred.
• Strong customer service experience.
• 1 year of food and beverage service experience preferred.
• Certification in Food Safe and Serve it Right Saskatchewan.
• Must be 19 years of age to serve alcohol.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Professional appearance and manners.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Manual dexterity required.
• Standing for long periods.
• Ability to work flexible schedule, weekends, holidays will be required.
• Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
Applicants must submit a resume, proof of qualifications, and may be tested for appropriate skills. An interview may be conducted with applicants who qualify in skill, ability, and qualifications.
If you’re interested in this position, please send applications to:
Human Resources Generalist
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
Closing deadline is July 14th, 2022, at 4:30 pm. Resumes must be received prior to the closing date to be considered.
Please note: All applications must clearly identify the desired position. Please include the Posting Number and Position Title in the subject line of your submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This is a Union (CUPE Local 726) position and shall be filled according to the terms of the collective agreement between the city and CUPE (Local 726).