The Sask Health Authority, Water Security Agency and the City of Estevan have announced that, effective immediately, an Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory has been issued for the South West side of the City of Estevan.
All residents and users affected from the boiled water advisory are ordered to:
- boil water used for drinking purposes for at least one minute at a rolling boil prior to use.
- not drink from any public drinking fountains supplied with water from the public water supply.
- use an alternative water source known to be safe if they do not wish to boil the water.
- boil water for at least one minute at a rolling boil when it is to be used for other activities where it may
be ingested, including:
- brushing teeth or soaking false teeth.
- using water in food or drink which will not be subsequently heated.
- dishwashing unless sanitized in another fashion ;(Dishes can be dipped in a bleach solution)
- making ice cubes; and
- washing fruit and vegetables.
Under most circumstances, residents do not need to boil water used for other household purposes.
Adults, adolescents, and older children may shower, bathe or wash using tap water but should avoid swallowing the water. Younger children and infants should be sponge-bathed. Residents should also consult with a physician before using the water if they have severe cuts or rashes. Laundry may be washed in tap water.
This Drinking Water Advisory will not be lifted until the water supply is determined to be completely safe. The City of Estevan will continue to keep residents advised.
For more information, please contact:
City Hall 306–634-1800
Water Security Agency 306-694-3900
Sask Health Authority 888-295-8005