Posting Number: 33/22
Position Title: Lifeguard Instructor
Reports To: Program Manager
Business Division: Aquatics
Posting Date: June 24th, 2022 – open until filled
Number of Positions: 4 (Four)
Length of Position: Casual
Summary: Provides a safe and enjoyable environment for Aquatic
• Ensures the safety of Aquatic Center customers by enforcing policies, rules, and
• Teaches Aquatics lessons. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner
• Administers First Aid in the event of an incident within the facility
• Cleans and maintains the guard and pool areas as well as change rooms
• Logs, records, and reports pertinent information such as water tests, time sheets,
and tasks performed
• Promotes pool programming and maintains positive public relations between staff
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of
work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally
performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned).
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Current National Lifeguarding Service Course or Certified Red Cross Lifeguard
• Current Red Cross Water Safety Instruction Certificate or equivalent
Casual Lifeguard/Instructor (Internal)
• Current First Aid and CPR C
This position receives an hourly wage of $18.23, as per 2022 CUPE rates.
Applicants must submit a resume, proof of qualifications and/or completed application
forms and may be tested for appropriate skills. An interview may be conducted with
applicants who qualify in skill, ability and qualifications. Relative skill and ability may be
determined by competency-based testing.
This position requires availability to work on a shift schedule and call-in basis. If you’re
interested in Aquatics, please send applications to:
Human Resources Generalist
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
Closing deadline does not apply. Job will be advertised for a minimum of 7 days as per
CBA. This vacancy is opened until filled.
Please note: All applications must clearly identify the desired position. Please include
the Posting Number and Position Title in the subject line of your submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further
consideration will be contacted.
This is a Union (CUPE Local 726) position and shall be filled according to the terms
of the collective agreement between the city and CUPE (Local 726).