Job Title: Executive Assistant
Term: Permanent Full Time
Posted on: 27/04/2022,
Department: Corporate Services
Posting Number: 24/22
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports To: City Manager
Business Division: Corporate Services
Summary: To provide support for the Mayor, City Manager, and the Corporate Leadership Team by providing confidential executive level administrative support by providing clerical support, overall executive team coordination, receiving residents and visitors, arranging travel and correspondence, and scheduling meetings. May also be responsible assisting in process/procedural manuals. Some work outside of regular office hours will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the schedules of the Mayor and City Manager
- Manage and maintain executive schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
- Answering and directing calls to Mayor or appropriate executives and parties, taking messages.
- Keep the City Manager informed on team projects and other useful information related to day-to-day operations.
- Reviewing administrative policies within an organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
- Draft letters and email responses for Mayor and City Management as required.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Assist and document HR related sensitive concerns/issues.
- Preparing executive travel expense report and assisting with other accounting related duties,
- Data analysis; Proficient in Adobe Pro, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Perform filtering and sorting of data, and other functions.
- Coordinate office finances and assist with budget compilation.
- Meet with special interest groups or individuals on behalf of Corporate Leadership Team members.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Provide clerical and general office support to City Hall.
- Ability to set up, maintain and update paper and electronic filing systems on behalf of the Mayor and the City Manager.
- Interact with residents/visitors/ratepayers when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to executives when they cannot be resolved.
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned)
Education and Experience
- Formal education in the administrative field
- Extreme attention to detail with the ability to take committee minutes
- Minimum of 3 years of related professional office administrative experience.
- Must have or attain valid Saskatchewan driver’s license & personal dependable vehicle for work purposes.
- Knowledge and experience working in a municipal or government environment is an asset.
- Must possess key skills such as active listening, note taking, and letter writing.
- Excellent and effective communication skills with all levels of staff, the public, field management and clients, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Adobe Pro, Excel, Power Point).
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to multitask, organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under frequently changing priorities and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Strong customer service orientation with a pleasant, helpful demeanor as required in the service business
- Assumes responsibility, takes initiative, exercises good judgment.
- Practices and promotes integrity and ethical behavior in order to establish trust and credibility with all levels of the organization and external contacts by earning a reputation as being approachable, personable, tactful and professional.
- Ability to prepare written documents which are clear, concise, accurate and logical.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Ensures confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
- Normal office environment conditions apply with considerable use of computers and time spent in meetings.
- Primarily weekday business hours with irregular evenings and weekends, in order to accommodate business needs
- Tactfully and respectfully handling of information of a confidential nature. A high degree of professional confidentiality is required.
- Ability to provide administrative support for presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 20 lbs may be required.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The City of Estevan offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package.
For further information or to apply, please contact:
Sheryl March, Human Resources
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.