Get a Smile, Give a Smile and Make a Difference – Tim Hortons® Smile Cookie Campaign is Back!
The full $1 from every Smile Cookie sold supports Centennial Park in Estevan
What’s better than a cookie that tastes good? A cookie that does good! Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign is back supporting charities in communities across the country, including Centennial Park in Estevan – one of 550 Canadian charities, hospitals and community programs supported through the annual campaign.
For one week, from September 16 – 22, restaurant owners donate the full $1 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased to support charities in their community. Guests can complete a form to place pre-orders for Smile Cookies.
This year, Tim Hortons restaurants in Estevan are supporting Centennial Park. The park was established in 1967 to commemorate the 100th year of Confederation of Canada. The newly designed Centennial Park will consist of a splash pad, play structure, sunshade and washroom facilities.
“We have lots of families in the central part of the city that children have to cross primary roads to get to play structures. The new play structure that the Smile Cookie campaign will support those kids stay active and help their families have a better quality of life. Visitors using the Estevan Leisure Centre will be a step away of a great outdoor space.”
Jeff Ward, City of Estevan Manager
“We’re excited to participate in the Smile Cookie campaign again this year. It’s such a pleasure to partner with the Centennial Park upgrade program that will make an impact in Estevan. Our team members craft each Smile Cookie with care and are proud to serve them to guests who come in throughout the week to support such a great cause.”
Mandy and Ryan Irwin and Dennis and Joanne Willows, Tim Hortons Restaurant Owner, City of Estevan
“The real magic behind the Smile Cookie campaign is the local impact and we’re excited to be able to support local charities, hospitals and community programs again this year. Our guests, restaurant owners and their team members can feel incredibly proud knowing that the money raised during the campaign directly supports local Tim Hortons communities.”
– Mike Hancock, Chief Operating Officer, Tim Hortons
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada
- For over 23 years, we’ve been spreading smiles – the Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- The Smile Cookie campaign and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
- Nationally, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners support 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @CityofEstevan
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & @CityofEstevan
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons
- Visit com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign